Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th November 2004, 06:09 AM
robsmachine Offline

new tv-card not recognized at boot

Hi,

I have an Athlon 1800+ on a Gigabye GA-7VAX board, and a Hauppauge PVR 250 tv-card installed (card is with the Conexant chip!!).
On this hardware I installed Fedora Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358, whole distro installed), but Fedora is *not* recognizing the card at boot-time.
I can not find a tool to install the card afterwards (as Suse 9.1 had, but Suse doesn't want to cooperate with ivtv, and I could not get help to correct this :-( , so Core 2 is my next OS, and presto!: not rejecting the ivtv-driver, but now I have the card-problem.

Maybe anyone can help me??

TX,
rob
Old 12th April 2005, 02:32 PM
mugs Offline

I am not sure if you have gotten this working yet, but I am working on the same thing. I have gotten a lot of help here and especially at

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

Take a look there if you havent already. I am at the point where the card and drivers are loaded, but trying to watch TV, I get just snow.

Let me know if you have made any progress, and maybe we can help each other!

AMD XP 3000+|1024 DDR|2 X 160 GB Seagate|XFX FX 5500 256 MB|DVD|Toshiba 3500A 16X Dual Layer DVDRW|Audigy LS|

Tags
boot, recognized, tvcard