Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th January 2005, 06:54 PM
tsorvoja Offline

I got my FC3 working by starting the kernel with acpi=off parameter. Everything is working just fine now!
Old 12th January 2005, 04:23 PM
cross Offline

Rebooting my router solved this same problem for me as well.
Old 29th December 2009, 01:37 AM
Newb4Life Offline

linuxsafari
Hi!

I know some of you will be upset because of the revival of an old post... but it's still an ongoing issue, and we might be able to get a resolution to it now.

I'm going to post an IRC log so that you may see the issues and our attempt at fixing it (also I don't have to re-type it this way):

<Newb4Life> Well... Im going to the fedora forums for this one but I might as well run it by here as well:

<Newb4Life> When I load Fedora (2.6.30.10-105.fc11.i686.PAE) I get an error that I do not get when I run 2.6.30.9-102.fc11.i686.PAE

<Newb4Life> That error is (and actually... its not even an error): e100: eth0 NIC Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

<Newb4Life> and then it just sits there.

<***> hold on a second, Newb4Life

<Newb4Life> oh wait.. one more line after that... THEN it just sits there: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): Eth0: link becomes ready

<Newb4Life> Thanks ***

* ***** (~*****@***.*******.******.**.*****) has joined #bleepingcomputer

* w00t gives voice to *****

<*****> So it sits there on boot?

<Newb4Life> yep

<*****> what you pasted means the ethernet card is up, the error is after that

<*****> so you don't actually see the error

<*****> is this while upgrading?

<Newb4Life> yep. Imediately after

<Newb4Life> I can only run the old version.

<*****> try rebooting to the bios and disabling the onboard nic

<*****> if there is one

<Newb4Life> Tried that the first time this happened to me. XD I ended up reinstalling the OS. BUT I will try again seeing as there were a few errors last time.

<Newb4Life> brb

-------------------------------

<*****> nothing?

<Newb4Life> literaly

<*****> hm

<*****> i found a posting on the fedora forums

<*****> http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26902 there may be some help in there

<Newb4Life> Thanks ***** reading up

<*****> np i need to run to the store with the kid so ill be back later

<Newb4Life> kk. From what I have read there isn't a known fix for this yet other than running an old Kernel. It is apparently a problem with the network subsystem.

<Newb4Life> but sheesh... I just noticed the dates on that post.

<Newb4Life> One user claimed they solved it with acpi=off but I am not entirely sure how to go about doing this.

<Newb4Life> Im guessing its the Kernel selection menu?

<Newb4Life> hit e, select your kernel, and hit e again?

<Newb4Life> well.. Im going to eat while I wait for your return. I will still be here just un-able to type.

And then I ate... and now I am posting here.

Thanks for the help guys! Sorry for the log but I figured it would make it easier!

Last edited by Newb4Life; 29th December 2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 29th December 2009, 01:53 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Whereas we are aware this is a very old thread, it is an ongoing problem and therefore may still be under active consideration for a solution.

Therefore, although it's older than the last good idea I had ... the thread is valid, and will remain open.
Old 30th December 2009, 08:58 AM
Newb4Life Offline

linuxsafari
More

After I ran a few updates, including one that had something to do with networking, another few lines were added:

audit(1262158989.170:36798): audit_enabled=0 old=1 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 subj=system_u:system_r:readahead_t:50 res=1

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

Tags
bringing, eth0, fc3, hangs, interface