Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th October 2011, 07:37 PM
meganoob Offline

linuxfirefox
internal microphone not working on sony vaio laptop (fedora 15)

Dear forum members,

I have just installed fedora 15(Lovelock) on my sony vaio laptop and the internal microphone doesn't seem to work. Well actually it looks like it is recording sound, when i record, i can see in the sound mixer that something is happening. But it's so incredibly low that when i try to listen to the recorded sound afterward, i can't hear anything.

I already put the pulseaudio volume control at maximum input and alsamixer as well.

Is there a way to boost the input level?

Thanks in advance

Meganoob
Old 31st October 2011, 04:45 PM
TheBigRed Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: internal microphone not working on sony vaio laptop (fedora 15)

maybe the following thread can help you:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=76472
Old 9th November 2011, 05:35 AM
ldartez Offline

linuxchrome
Unhappy Re: internal microphone not working on sony vaio laptop (fedora 15)

Hello,

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with my FC15 installation. Except, the internal microphone isn't showing up at all. In System Settings-->Sound-->Input nothing shows up where I should have my mic listed as a choice. This installation is on a MacBook Pro (2009) and the microphone works perfectly under OSX. As well as on a previous installation of FC15 that I had to scrap.

Any Ideas?

thanks a bunch!

Tags
fedora, internal, laptop, microphone, sony, vaio, working