Please bear with me here as this sounds like others having this issue. This one is unique. I have a Gigabyte MOBO GA-EP45-UD3R. Almost everything works great except that Fedora 16/FC16 will not see my second DVD drive. The Drives are TSSTcorp DVD Drives they look like some took laptop DVD Player/Writers and connected a race changer from laptop interface to IDE.
Driver and Chipset for the IDE/SATA channel is JMICRON this has the settings for RAID/IDE,IDE and AHCI. I have tried the following things
1) change different modes for the BIOS for this IDE/SATA channel
* RAID/IDE & AHCI show the drives as 0DD0: and 0DD1: like they could be raided drives and works in windows.
* IDE shows only the master cabled drive not the secondary.
* All cases shows up in windows just fine
2) Dmesg shows the following
[ 4.641354] pata_jmicron 0000:03:00.1: PCI INT B -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
[ 4.641379] pata_jmicron 0000:03:00.1: setting latency timer to 64
[ 4.644789] scsi10 : pata_jmicron
[ 4.646480] scsi11 : pata_jmicron
[ 4.646871] ata9: PATA max UDMA/100 cmd 0xef00 ctl 0xee00 bmdma 0xeb00 irq 16
[ 4.646874] ata10: PATA max UDMA/100 cmd 0xed00 ctl 0xec00 bmdma 0xeb08 irq 16
[ 4.835519] ata9.00: ATAPI: TSSTcorpDVDR/RW TS-T632L, 1217, max UDMA/33
[ 4.878048] ata9.00: configured for UDMA/33
[ 4.892187] scsi 10:0:0:0: CD-ROM TSSTcorp DVDR/RW TS-T632L 1217 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 4.904712] sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
[ 4.904716] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[ 4.904864] sr 10:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
[ 4.904941] sr 10:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg5 type 5
BUT Never does this for ata10:
3) Grub sure has changed since FC12 I tried the blacklist PATA_JMICRON and use all-generic-ide. But this does not seem to be an option for FC16.
4) There are no Jumpers on these drives to set master/slave it is only cable select. To help if any of you have an HP Blackbird002 then you know the drives I'm talking about. It looks like they SATA DVD running through an Ide interface.
I don't know what to try next. The original mobo was an ASuS and the chipset can configuration is the same as this Gigabyte. I have the I have the intel chipset for my HDD running 3gb/s SATA and they work fine.
Thanks in advance.