Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st January 2012, 05:10 AM
davidit Offline

linuxfirefox
Unhappy hp probook 4530s no boot device found

Hello there just bought this new laptop for 1 purpose to install fedora and to install lamp so i can start building a new website aka php but i choose the xfce fedora 16 live cd i installed it to hard disk used the whole disk like primary os wiped it clean but after the install it says no boot device found please install a operating system on your hard disk i am currently enabling features in my bios such as UEFI mode etc.. to see if i can get it working i searched google and one other person had my problem on multiple forums but never got a answer should i just quit trying to install fedora hopefully not ((( since i hate ubuntu well not hate it but i don't like the look and feel of it too much like windows for my taste well thanks in advance for any answers i may get on these forums also i enabled something called like lvm during setup and encryption do you guys think this might be my problem? well i tried switching from ahci to ide but then it wouldnt even boot my live cd lol aka that is how i am wrighting on here well sucks but its okay haha

Last edited by davidit; 1st January 2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: switched ahci mode to ide but that was not the issue :(
Old 11th March 2012, 05:34 PM
deano Offline

macossafari
Re: hp probook 4530s no boot device found

Hi,

got exactly the same problem and tried various boot option and all the same no OS found does anyone have a solution to fix this?

Tags
4530s, boot, device, probook