Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st January 2012, 02:57 AM
andyzhu35 Offline

linuxfirefox
debug resume from hibernate

Hi, this is puzzled me a lot. How to debug the resume failure after hibernation?

I added no_console_suspend in kernel boot option; in tty2, I ran a series of pm_test sequence up to core -> /sys/power/pm_test and reboot -> /sys/power/disk. dmesg all shows the correct/success log. However, when I echo none > /sys/power/pm_test; echo reboot > /sys/power/disk; dmesg > dmesg.log; system will be back but not responsive to the cmd: dmesg.log will not be created and I saw some message 'io error' on screen and it passed by quickly. this leaves me little chance to see what is really going on for a real resume.

My kernel is 3.1.9-1.fc16.x86_64. I have Nvidia FX 580 and use Nouveau driver.

Any suggestion to make hibernation work or how to debug in the resume process?

Thank you.
Old 21st January 2012, 03:31 AM
bob Offline
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
Re: debug resume from hibernate

Okay, it's time you read the Posting Rules. You've got 4 threads going on this problem and I'm shutting down three so that the responders don't waste their time with things that have already been tried. Here's the thread I'm leaving open: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=274497 The rest are going to be closed.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Closed Thread

Tags
debug, hibernate, resume