Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:14 PM
angelbeast Offline

linuxchrome
Gstreamer plugins and repos

Hellooo...I haven't used Fedora in a while but i just did a fresh install of it on my new laptop. I see that the gstreamer good, bad and base plugins are installed. But how do i get the ugly plugin? I didn't see it in the list? Also how do i add repos? Thanks in advance :-)
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:13 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxchrome
Re: Gstreamer plugins and repos

Add the rpmfusion repo.

Code:
yum install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Once you have installed this, you can simply use yum to install the plugin. Also, the above code installs both "free" and "non-free" repositories. Install which ever one you need. ugly is in "free" repo.

Last edited by nonamedotc; 23rd January 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:40 PM
angelbeast Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedotc View Post
Add the rpmfusion repo.

Code:
yum install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Once you have installed this, you can simply use yum to install the plugin. Also, the above code installs both "free" and "non-free" repositories. Install which ever one you need. ugly is in "free" repo.
Hi! Thank you so much for replying...I got the repo installed...However now software management hangs up at 40% saying "waiting forr service to start" ... It's doing it on updates as well...blargh!
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:54 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeast View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for replying...I got the repo installed...However now software management hangs up at 40% saying "waiting forr service to start" ... It's doing it on updates as well...blargh!
It should work after that update you are talking about. No worries!
Old 24th January 2012, 12:15 AM
angelbeast Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedotc View Post
It should work after that update you are talking about. No worries!
I can't GEt the update though...It hangs at 40% saying :waiting for service to start" ...

flash audio doesnt work right...lots of kde crashes...i'm not happy with this so far *LOL*

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Okay the update worked from the terminal...Is there something i can check to fix the flash audio?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Okay the update worked from the terminal...Is there something i can check to fix the flash audio?
Old 24th January 2012, 12:41 AM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxchrome

Could you elaborate your problem?

Tags
gstreamer, plugins, repos