Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th February 2012, 12:13 PM
TarrasQ Offline

linuxfirefox
Unhappy Suspend resumes automatically

I run F16 on my desktop computer. I've been using suspend for years, but after some 200+ megas of package updates a couple of days ago, suspending works, but it's resumed automatically immediately.

pm-suspend.log says all is fine and dmesg lists a successful suspend procedure followed immediately by a successful resuming.

I use nvidia proprietary drivers from rpmfusion.

Most of the hardware is years old, so it's not impossible that for example the power supply is beraking down. Awfully nice coincidence, though that this started just after the update. I think I shut down the system after the update was finished.

Any helpful ideas?
Old 5th February 2012, 02:04 AM
Ernst0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Suspend resumes automatically

May not be related and I am only sharing what I have seen.

On F14 I have issues with the sound. It seems the Flash whatever often will not unlock something so if I try to play a movie I have to kill one of the running processes and then the movie plays.

Here is the part that your question reminded me of. If I have Rythmbox on pause and watch a movie when I quit Totem it will start rhythmbox under some situations.

I don't know if has any relationship to anything nor do I know if I can reproduce the effect on demand but it has happened more than once especially the having to manually kill the flash part.
Old 5th February 2012, 07:47 PM
TarrasQ Offline

linuxfirefox

Your case is not very likely related to mine. Yours sounds like flash or some other program is keeping your audio all for itself. I've seen that happen with trying to use audio with a different user while Youtube or similar website is open. That Rhythmbox/Totem thing sounds like you're using OSS, you had Rhythmbox playing when you launched Totem and then Rhythmbox continues playback when it gets audio resources back.
Old 6th February 2012, 08:49 PM
TarrasQ Offline

linuxfirefox

After I manually set off USB wakeup, it worked nicely.
Now my problem is the computer won't wake up anymore, but that's another story.
Old 8th February 2012, 06:17 PM
Ernst0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrasQ View Post
Your case is not very likely related to mine. Yours sounds like flash or some other program is keeping your audio all for itself. I've seen that happen with trying to use audio with a different user while Youtube or similar website is open. That Rhythmbox/Totem thing sounds like you're using OSS, you had Rhythmbox playing when you launched Totem and then Rhythmbox continues playback when it gets audio resources back.
It is something I live with on the laptop. I wish you well in finding a solution.

Ernst0

Tags
automatically, immediately, resumes, suspend