Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th February 2012, 03:02 PM
JacekZ Offline

linuxfirefox
LXDE / LibreOffice hitch (some links don't work)

Curious behaviour:
When using LXDE, some of my links (to local files - as described below) from inside libreoffice documents don't work. But when using the same links on the same machine in Gnome 3, everything works just fine.

Problem links are to text files that include spaces and dots in their filenames. Libreoffice filenames using the same pattern work OK.

I had a look at the running process lists for LXDE and Gnome respectively but couldn't spot an obvious 'missing item' on LXDE to make this work. I had thought that the same program should run the same on either desktop, but clearly there is something different going on here.
Old 5th February 2012, 10:01 PM
stevea Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: LXDE / LibreOffice hitch (some links don't work)

Hmm - I notice that in LibreOffice that the automatic hyperlink fails to recognize files after a '.' or space.
So you need to select the entire link and use the LirbreO 'hyperlink icon then fill in the file path /aply/close.

That solves the '' issue, but not the ' ' space issue.

Tags
hitch, libreoffice, links, lxde, work