Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:47 AM
skullbox Offline

linuxchrome
Need Help with Icons in LXDE

Hi there, I have a question about changing the default icons in the LXDE edition. I am trying to use the Faience theme found here. I have theme downloaded and transferred into /usr/share/icons and have activated them in LXappearance and for the most part it has worked. Unfortunately though not all the system icons have switched over, some have stayed with the default theme such as in the panel menu. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:47 AM
sea Offline
"Shells" (of a sub world)

linuxfirefox
Re: Need Help with Icons in LXDE

From the article:
Quote:
- Lots of icons are missing, thus it heavily depends on Faenza. Be sure to install it.
Have you installed that icon package either?

Further i understand the page like that its designed for Gnome 3, not lxde, they use diffrent kind of 'templates'.
If its just providing icons, you might have luck.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:03 AM
skullbox Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Need Help with Icons in LXDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
From the article:

Have you installed that icon package either?

Further i understand the page like that its designed for Gnome 3, not lxde, they use diffrent kind of 'templates'.
If its just providing icons, you might have luck.
Never thought to do that, ill give it a whirl.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

you are the man, that was just the trick. thanks

Tags
icons, lxde