Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:04 AM
freeman628 Offline

windows_vistachrome
Random Wireless Drops with Encore 1XN42 USB

I've been using Fedora 16 32 and 64 bit and am having problems with my wireless connection dropping after working for 10-15 minutes every time. When I first install Fedora, it uses the 3.1.0-7 kernel, which works with my encore usb wireless adapter all the time.
However, when I let Fedora update itself and I try to use the newer kernels it brings in, the wireless connection will work for 10-15 minutes and then drop out.
The network manager still reports 5 bars and connection to the internet, but browsers and yum cannot connect to anything and time out. I compared the outputs of lsmod with both kernels and they both have the module driver for the usb device in use (rtl8192cu). So it's probably not a driver thing.
Anyone have any idea where to check to get any idea as to whats really going on?

Tags
1xn42, drops, encore, random, usb, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On