Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th March 2012, 07:29 PM
LinuxNerd Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Smile EPoX EP-8KHAL+ motherboard will not boot

Hiya! My EP-8KHAL+ motherboard will not boot up no matter what I do, it's just stuck on a blank screen. There anything that I can do or is the board fried?

And this is the newest board I have as it's new enough to not have any ISA slots on it. My other board, which is a Slot-1 board, which has a couple ISA slots, will boot just fine.

Any support would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 6th March 2012, 12:01 AM
glennzo Offline
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: EPoX EP-8KHAL+ motherboard will not boot

I'd strip it down to the bare necessities and see if it boots. Remove or unplug the hard disks and CD drives, remove memory and see if it at least beeps because of the missing memory. Swap out power supplies. Disconnect everything you possibly can from the motherboard. Make sure that there is no excessive dust. Remove and reseat the memory. Try with only one stick or ram if there is more than one. Try different memory. If you've added a video card and the board has on-board video try using it in place of the add in video card. Try a different video card. If you get it to respond you can start adding hardware back into the loop, one at a time and see if it continues to boot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73 GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/943/940GML Integrated Graphics
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / 1TB SATA / 500GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 6th March 2012, 01:37 AM
LinuxNerd Offline

windows_vistafirefox

Might try that. Not holding out too much hope though.
Old 6th March 2012, 02:13 AM
acron1 Offline

linuxfirefox

Take a good hard look at the capacitors on that board for obvious signs of leaking... If I remember correctly they were known for that problem...
Old 23rd June 2013, 04:25 AM
LinuxNerd Offline

linuxfirefox

UPDATE: Not worried about this board anymore as I have a decent machine now anyways.

Tags
boot, ep8khal, epox, motherboard