Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th March 2012, 02:31 PM
spiderplant0 Offline

windows_7firefox
Error: not enough memory to load specific image

When I boot my PC with the Fedora installation CD, I get the error: "not enough memory to load specific image" (ie I'm getting this error right at the start of the installation process).

After a bit of searching, some of the suggestions were...
yum install kernel-PAE
yum remove kernel

or...
mem=4096M

But I dont know where I'm supposed to do this. Ie do I open up the ISO installation and edit in these lines to a text file somewhere or do I press a key during the installation and type them in somewhere?

(I.e. I am a Linux newbe).

My system: Packard Bell X8020, 4GB RAM
Fedora: Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso

Tags
error, image, memory

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts