Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th April 2012, 10:52 AM
normad Offline

windows_7firefox
changing the default monitor before x starts

Hi guys, I was running f16 on my laptop with the nvidia akmod. But suddenly my laptop screen got cracked and its not working. So i connected an lcd monitor i found to the laptop. It works fine for my windows installation because after bootup it shows both the screens and i can turn off the laptop screen after logging in.
But in fedora after the boot up the screen defaults to the laptop monitor and i cant see anything (plugged in screen is blank) im guessing its showing the login screen.
so is there anyway i can force the x to use the plugged in monitor instead of the built in one? this will have to be done before x is started because after the x is started i cant see anything..
please help.. thanks

Tags
changing, default, monitor, starts

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On