Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th April 2012, 03:50 AM
fishboy Offline

windows_7chrome
Question Hello New member here need help with AMD :)

Hi everyone im a new member to Fedora i have it downloading as we speak

I would like to tell you a little about what i would like fedora to do for me and maybe you can help with a few tips.

I am coming to fedora from ubuntu because i cant stand the way it looks and that ubuntu it is imposible to get my AMD HD 6870 drivers to install.

I love the look of fedora and the color Blue lol

I would need to have my AMD HD 6870 card to work in 3D mode i play World of Warcraft and need to have the 3D support for Wine and world of warcraft

and thats it

after i install fedora 16 can you please point me to a place that has instructions on how to install drivers for my ATI/AMD HD 6870

I do not want to go messing around and breaking a clean install would rather have a little help my first time.

Thanks for your time and help
Old 11th April 2012, 10:24 AM
Finalzone Offline
Community Manager

linuxfirefox
Re: Hello New member here need help with AMD :)

Greetings,

Make sure to update the kernel first then follow this instruction. The newest AMD Catalyst 12.1 should fix the issue that plagued past Fedora release.

Tags
amd, ati catalyst, drivers, member, wine