Am trying to understand if any recovery is possible for the below case:
- Desktop machine had Winxp 2 partitions and Fedora-15 1 partition. Must have been LVM enabled.
- Deleted Winxp partition to make room for Fed15 partition
- Booted Fed15 Live CD and chose option to use "Free space" for Fedora-15 install.
- Distribution installed successfully.
- The earlier root file system and data seems to be missing now.
- How do I retrieve the earlier data ? Any steps to debug this? Shouldnt the install have not touched the existing Linux rootfs and done it a safe way?
TIA for any help. Trouble is, there is important data on the harddisk and it needs to be recovered.