Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th April 2012, 02:45 PM
billquinn Offline

linuxfirefox
Libre Office Scroll Bar with KDE

Since Gnome is no longer an option for the desktop, I have been using XFCE. However, there were a few problems, so I gave KDE a try. I was very pleasantly supplied. The "classic" menu structure is much like the old Gnome, and I liked how everything was working.

However, there is one glitch I ran into. The vertical scroll bar on the right hand edge of the Libre Office Writer window does not work properly. I've used Open Office for years, and always use that scroll bar to move to new places in the document I'm working on. However, in the KDE environment, you can't grab it with the mouse and move it up and down the way it's supposed to work. When I put the mouse pointer over it and push down the left button, the little thing just jumps up, and I find myself moved to a new page!! After several random clicks just below the little bar, you can in some mysterious way eventually grab and hold it with the mouse and move up and down under with the mouse the way it's supposed to work. But it's extremely annoying and time-consuming not to be able to just grab it and move it where you want. This problem does not occur with any other window (Firefox, gedit, etc.)--just Libre Office.

What is wrong?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 17th April 2012, 11:39 AM
marriedto51 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Libre Office Scroll Bar with KDE

I haven't seen that myself, although there does seem to be some sort of bug with rendering the window frame properly if I have compositing turned on. So maybe try making sure compositing is off? (Press Shift-Alt-F12.)

The other thing I wonder is whether you have the KDE integration module installed? The package name is libreoffice-kde, I think.

Tags
bar, kde, libre, office, scroll