Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th April 2012, 08:36 PM
TK492 Offline

linuxchrome
Compiling Chromium from source

Hi,

I've successfully compiled Chromium from source (the first time I compiled something from source) earlier this week by following the instructions posted here:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...ldInstructions

At the end of the process, I was under the impression that the shortcut in my Cinnamon menu was updated automatically to the new version. However after multiple attempts since, I have had no luck in running the new builds. Basically, the tutorial ends with the make command. I've looked into the output folder but I can't seem to find the program's launcher (executable).

Can someone help me please to have access to new builds as I can't seem to find on the internet either.

Thanks!
Old 17th April 2012, 10:56 PM
sonoran Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Compiling Chromium from source

Quote:
4. We don't provide any sort of "install" step.
Looks like it is supposed to be installed manually. "Buy the ticket, take the ride."

You could look at the Fedora Chromium packages and maybe figure out where things belong.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chromium

Yumex's Filelist feature is useful for this - it shows you every file contained in a package, including its installation path.

Last edited by sonoran; 17th April 2012 at 11:03 PM.