Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th April 2012, 07:11 PM
Crayon Offline

linuxchrome
F16 Unable to change icon&GTK theme

After an upgrade from F15 to F16 I'm not able to change the icon theme, GTK+ theme and I have problems changing background too.

I have gnome-tweak installed but on Theme section the only thing working is Shell Theme, I can change the other ones but they have no effect.

The strange thing is that I have two users and all is working good on the second one so I guess is only some configuration on my first user that is causing the prroblem.

Question: can somebody point me on how to debug this problem or reset gnome configuration for that user?

Thanks,
Crayon
Old 27th April 2012, 06:11 AM
Neruson Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: F16 Unable to change icon&GTK theme

All I can think of is try uninstalling all of the extensions that no longer work, rebooting and then reinstalling them. Not sure about the extensions in the Fedora repo, but I know you have to do that with the extensions from the extensions.gnome site when you upgrade to a newer version of the shell.
Old 27th April 2012, 07:56 PM
Crayon Offline

linuxchrome
Re: F16 Unable to change icon&GTK theme

Thanks Neruson but I have already reinstalled all extensions and there is not any extension installed per user so nothing that can explain the difference between users.
And I don't really think it's something about Gnome Shell because that's the only theme working on both users.

Tags
change, f16, icon, iconandgtk, theme, unable