Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th April 2012, 08:03 PM
clive1246 Offline

macossafari
Fedora 16 chmod issues??

Hi, I have just finished a clean install of Fedora 16, I have added mysql, mysql-server, php, httpd etc and rerun yum update - the system is fully functioning and upto date.

I have edited httpd.conf and set up my virtual hosts....if I add my webpages from backup I can access everything fine they all work.....

the problem comes when I want to add a new webpage/domain (www.test.co.uk) - I can add this and see it in firefox, I them add in OsCommerce Shopping Cart v2.3.1 and I can see the install/index.php but it informs me I need to change permissions on two configure.php files.

In my terminal I have done this and have checked they are changed but upon refreshing my webpage it informs me they still need changing.

Nothing I have tried seems to let firefox see the changed permissions so I can progress with installing the shopping cart.

Where am I going wrong? Is this something to do with SELinux? Firewall? the CHMOD command?

I have been going round and round the houses for hours now any help much appreciated
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:15 PM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora 16 chmod issues??

There is nothing wrong with the chmod command.

What exactly is the error message?

You can temporarily disable SELinux, but it should tell you after it blocked an access attempt.

Tags
chmod, fedora, issues