Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th May 2012, 08:02 AM
rwgast Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Adding EE packages to LXDE spin

Ok im no linux newb im acually migrating to the EE spin from debian/gentoo.. I just want to know if i can somehow use the lxde spin and add all the packages in the EE spin. #1 I hate gnome i dont want it even installed. #2 this is my work pc for engineering and its a bit slim on specs p4 with 1gb ram. I usually use kde, but for this set up i want something light like lxde. So is there an easy way to get all the EE spin packages and dependencys only to install on lxde? Or maybe install the the EE spin and remove gnome totally somehow? Im sorry havent used an RPM based distro since mandrake 6 so im a bit rusty with red hat and have no idea what the standard procedure is for completely removing gnome.
Old 26th May 2012, 07:01 AM
rwgast Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Re: Adding EE packages to LXDE spin

Really???!!! No one knows how to get all the packages from one spin merged with another spin??

Ok is there at least a detailed list of packages somewhere that I can use to download all the EE packages and scrippts by hand?
Old 26th May 2012, 08:32 AM
stevea Offline

linuxfirefox

Get the other's spin's package list and install them.
You can get close to home by using yumex and installing the electronics package category.
Old 26th May 2012, 04:37 PM
AndrewSerk Offline

linuxfirefox

The package spin-kickstarts provides the package fedora-kickstarts that contains the kickstart files for building livecds. In these kickstarts files you will find the list of packages that are included with the spins.
So like stevea suggested, take the package list from fedora-livedvd-electronic-lab.ks ( I believe that is the one you are looking for) and use that list as a reference to install the packages you are missing.

Hope this helps,

Tags
adding, lxde, packages, spin