Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th May 2012, 11:33 PM
seaoss Offline

linuxfirefox
intermittent reboot after login

I did an update 2 days ago (yum update) - and got a newer kernel. The following time i boot up, login, and open up a terminal window and the laptop reboots try again and it reboots i also notice that my wireless if much slower to get going
Booted into old kernel fine.
Have done another update since (yesterday) but it still sometimes (more often than not) reboots as soon as I go into terminal (first thing I do) - if I wait and do other things first it seems to behave better and then i can open terminal without reboot but I am unsure if its a time related connection of an "open terminal" connection that is causing reboot
ideas greatfully received - using f16 -xfce
NVIDIA® GeForce® G 105M
Broadcom 43225 wireless card

Two wrongs don't make a right but 3 lefts do...
Old 28th May 2012, 11:47 AM
george_toolan Online

linuxfirefox
Re: intermittent reboot after login

Just continue to use the old kernel and whenever you update your system make sure the old kernel is running so it won't get deleted ;-)

Maybe you should check your memory with Memtest86+ just to make sure it's not a hardware problem?

Tags
intermittent, login, reboot