Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 17th June 2012, 04:12 PM
joncr Online

linuxfirefox
F17: Evolution Crashing With POP Gmail, Creates Bogus IMAP Account

Evolution on F17 is crashing here with a POP Gmail account.

I moved my Gmail account IMAP to POP a few weeks ago. Everything is archived at Gmail, so the way I use mail the POP vs IMAP differences are minimized. I have several accounts; all are forwarded to Gmail. POP keeps things simple.

I just set up Evolution via "Online Accounts" in Systems Setting. When I run "Send/Receive" in Evolution, it checks both the Gmail POP account and a Gmail IMAP account. The IMAP account it is trying check, with the email address of the POP account, does not exist.

If I open Perferences, I find the IMAP account listed there. When I delete it, Evolution displays this status message at the bottom of the panel" "Disconnecting IMAP server imap.gmail.com".

It then proceeds to stall. When I try to quit it, it crashes.

After I kill it and relaunch it, the behavior: The bogus IMAP account is back and Evolution crashes when I try to delete it.

Tags
account, bogus, crashing, creates, evolution, f17, gmail, imap, pop