Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 28th November 2004, 07:32 PM
dickinsd Offline

Oh No... The Application eggcups has quit unexpectedly

Hello.

You may have read another of my posts about me getting sick of trying to get my wireless card to work - well I think somewhere along the lines I have messed something else up........

When I reboot now I get 2 errors:

The Applications "eggcups" has quit unexpectedly.
You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it. Or you can restart the application right now.
Restart Application | Close

The Application "gnome-volume-manager" has quit unexpectedly.
You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it. Or you can restart the application right now.
Restart Application | Close

If I click restart on either error message it just keeps coming back up - endless loop.
If I choose close on either messege, then the message sometimes disappears, and sometimes I have to click both messages about 4-5 times before it takes the hint!

I am no longer able to right click, and some of the applications on the application menu do not respond when I click them.

Any ideas what I might have done, or is there anything else that you need from me to track this error down?

Also I have no desktop background anymore and no icons on my desktop - everything has vanished!

I am able to selec the applications I pinned to the panel - such as the terminal.

Dave
Old 28th November 2004, 07:51 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
Here's the thread: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/sho...hlight=eggcups
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 28th November 2004, 08:07 PM
Shadow Skill Offline

I just started getting the exact same error yesterday for no reason. Oh anyone know how to keep ntfs volumes from showing up on the desktop it looks nasty having all those icons there; and they were not there until I had this problem.

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.
Old 28th November 2004, 08:09 PM
dickinsd Offline

I love this forum - your all really helpful (when you ask the right question) and there always seems to be someone that know the answer online - because my questions are nearly always responded to super fast!

And Justol'bob - I love you too - in a male bonding way!

Dave

Tags
application, eggcups, quit, unexpectedly