Re: Fedora 17 Printing fails after upgrade from F16
The "printerReasons" section seems to have something to say, although the cause is unclear:
d [28/Jul/2012:22:13:53 -0400] cupsdSetPrinterReasons(p=0x7f9979343bb0(Canon-PIXMA-MX870),s="
---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------
Here are my steps
* Download the 386 print driver from Canon (even though I'm running 64-bit Fedora 17).
* Extract it, then extract the tar.gz files that have rpm in the name.
* Then manually install the rpms and let them pull in the non-64-bit RPMs (in my case there were over 50 packages).
# yum localinstall ./packages/cnijfilter-mx870series-3.30-1.i386.rpm ./packages/cnijfilter-common-3.30-1.i386.rpm
* Delete and re-add the printer.
* When adding, use the cnijnet:// network interface (it automatically showed up in the list). In my case: cnijnet:/00-1E-8F-97-33-37
* Priting if still flakey but It's getting better. For example it prints the job, then the print driver changes status from enabled to disabled. When I re-enable it, it prints one job then re-pauses itself.
At this time it will print a job but at the end, the printer disables itself and the job remains in the queue (even though the job printed successfully).
Last edited by k1gto; 29th July 2012 at 03:47 AM.