Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th July 2012, 10:52 PM
MorayJ Offline

linuxfirefox
Automounting usb freezes gnome shell

I've just tried connecting my stills picture camera to Fedora 17. When I switch it on, Gnome shell stops responding.

The mouse cursor still moves, but Activities doesn't respond with a click or a press on the activities key.

If I Alt-F1 to a console, the camera is mounted as a USB and is fine for accessing on the command line.

Trying to return to the GUI is a dead-loss as the screen doesn't repaint.

I installed KDE and that doesn't have the problem - the drive mounts fine and is accessible in Dolphin.

Is anyone else having something similar to this?

I must admit, I came here from Ubuntu as the latest Long Term Release didn't automount my pendrive. Is there a problem with USB support? I can't find anything definitive on it. Someone suggested that their usb 1.1 was the problem, but surely not?

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks
MorayJ

Tags
automounting, freezes, gnome, shell, usb

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search