Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st August 2012, 04:26 PM
iuporov Offline

linuxfirefox
broken yum on fresh FC17_64 install

I've installed FC17 64 bit version from LiveCD with Gnome support.
I did it three times.
First time it did not boot.

Second time my network setting were broken on installed system. I had to set them up using sudo. System does not recognize root (I can not login as root).

Third time I got more lucky. Network is up and running. However.

I can not login as root. I use sudo.

My main concern is that yum broken! It does not work et all!!!

[xxx@~]$ sudo yum clean all
[sudo] password for xxx:
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

/lib64/libssh2.so.1: invalid ELF header

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.7.3 (default, Apr 30 2012, 21:18:11)
[GCC 4.7.0 20120416 (Red Hat 4.7.0-2)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq

I could not find something relevant to "/lib64/libssh2.so.1: invalid ELF header" using google. That's why I'm here asking for help.

Look at what I've after attempt to force install libssh2 (who the ... comes up with idea to use ssh protocol for software updates?

[xxx@~]$ sudo rpm -ivh --force Downloads/libssh2-1.4.1-2.fc17.x86_64.rpm
[sudo] password for xxx:
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:libssh2 ########################################### [100%]
/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libnetsnmp.so.30 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libbind9.so.90.0.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libisccfg-export.so.90.0.1 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libisc-export.so.90 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libdns-export.so.93 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libdns-export.so.93.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libirs-export.so.90.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libbind9.so.90 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libdns.so.93 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libnetsnmp.so.30.0.1 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libisccfg-export.so.90 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libirs-export.so.90 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libdns.so.93.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /lib64/libisc-export.so.90.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

However, that fixed my problem.

Have a nice day!

UIV

Tags
64bit, broken, fc17, fc1764, fresh, install, yum