Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th March 2005, 12:03 AM
trenths Offline

Core 4 Test 1 media test fails

I'm having troublegetting Core 4 Test 1 cd isos to pass media test. I've tried downloading them from a different site and burning them at a slower speed but still fails. When I try to insall anyway the stall aborts, finding some error during the KDE installation section. I tried unchecking the KDE option on another attempt and still get install failure. Anybody else having similar problems?
Old 27th March 2005, 01:35 AM
robghealey Offline

I could not get the media check to pass either, but my install went with no problems all the way through! Sorry, for not being able to help. My problems came after wards when gdm was screwed up. Once I updated gdm, everything else is just fine...

"Deliberately choose to surround yourself with people that inspire you to greatness!"
Old 27th March 2005, 03:08 AM
nandowong Offline

try

linux ide=nodma

on the install
Old 27th March 2005, 04:40 AM
trenths Offline

Like where do I enter it? I've been doing the graphical install. You must be talking about using the text-based install.
Old 27th March 2005, 04:30 PM
trenths Offline

Well, I finally got an installable set of discs created after redownloading files from the official Redhadt site and burning at half speed even though still they all 4 failed the media test.
Old 27th March 2005, 06:22 PM
nandowong Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenths
Like where do I enter it? I've been doing the graphical install. You must be talking about using the text-based install.
put the 1st disc in then turn computer on

then the fedora screen comes up and you can type stuff, like linux text , etc. if you just press enter then it will do a regular graphical install.

thats where you type it then press enter. it will lstill do a graphical install
Old 31st March 2005, 11:56 PM
owakroeger Offline

I'm having trouble getting discs to pass the media check, as well. For jollies, I tried to proceed with the install, but it hangs for a bit, the screen goes black, and I have to reset the computer to get out of it. This is the third burn from two different sources which have failed this way.
Once more into the breach? Or is there some problem with the disc1 files?
owa
Old 1st April 2005, 12:05 AM
trenths Offline

I see where the media check fail problem has been submitted to bugzilla.
Old 4th May 2005, 02:03 AM
Nlaak Offline

FC4 Test 2 Fails Media Check

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the Fedora 3.91 DVD ISO and burned 3 times from 3 different mirrors. I download the 4 3.91 CDROM ISO's twice and have used 3 different burners. Disk 1 fails about 17% of way through. Disk 2,3 and 4 go all the way to 100% and then report fail. Im burning with Nero Ultra 6+ (latest) and slowest burn.
I saw in this thread to try turning off DMA or something. I will try that now and post the results.

Tags
core, fails, media, test