Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th April 2005, 02:45 PM
sosullivan Offline

Display On Dell Latitude D610.

Hi,

got a problem with the display on my Dell, which has a Intel 915 GM graphics chip. I am trying to set the resolution to 1400x1050, but if I do the entire right hand side of the monitor (The LCD on the Laptop) is extremely fuzzy, and flickers. If I set it to any other setting, onlt about half the screen is visible (i.e the clock cannot be seen, I can see only half of the logout screen which appears in the centre of the monitor).

The drive "probed" during install is the Vesa driver. If I change the config to use the supplied Intel 915 driver, and log out to restart X, I get an error message saying that X cannot be restarted, the system probes the hardware again, and reload the Vesa driver. I've tried upgrading the Xorg X11 stuff, but no good.

Any ideas?

Stephen
Old 1st May 2005, 04:28 PM
tashirosgt Offline

Some other people with intel915 problems are here:
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52459
but no answers yet.

Tags
d610, dell, display, latitude

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search