Hello. I've been trying to set may laptop extra keys. What I have done to this point:
1. Used xev to check the keycodes (174 and 176)
2. edited xmodmap.conf and set the names for these keys to XF86AudioLowerVolume and XF86AudioRaiseVolume and copied the file to /etc/
3. added line xmodmap /etc/xmodmap.conf to /etc/X11/gdm/PostLogin/Default
4. Used Gconf editor to set keys for run_command_3 and 4 to XF86AudioLowerVolume and XF86AudioRaiseVolume respectively
5. Set command_3 and 4 to amixer set Master 2- and amixer set Master 2+ respectively
What I get after this is hanging up keyboard if I try to use these keys.
Any ideas and have I done everything correctly? Thank you.