Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th May 2005, 03:21 AM
jhern54 Offline

Question How do you set up a Ralink Wireless PCI Card in Fedora?

Hello,

I recently purchased a FOXCONN WLL-3350 Wireless PCI Card because it uses Ralink 11g-RT2500 drivers and it was relatively cheap. I read somewhere that wireless cards with Ralink drivers are easy to set up in Linux. However, I am very new to Linux and I don't know how to set this up. (I've never compiled a kernel before...etc.)

The distribution that I'm using is Fedora Core 4 - test 2. Would anyone be able to give me step-by-step instructions on how to set this up? I spent hours looking on Google and other forums, but the instructions were not detailed enough for me to understand.

Also, if anyone knows of a distro where my wireless card would work "out of the box" please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

jhern54

My Computer:
Dell Dimension 8400
Pentium 4 - 3.2 GHz
1 GB RAM
250 GB SATA Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce 6800 256MB

Tags
card, fedora, pci, ralink, set, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search