Well.... Andy's walkthrough didn't work. I was only able to get to the part where I restarted postfix and it sorry to say failed.
What I did since I had this nagging feeling that all sendmail needed was a proper domain I registered a freebee with dyndns and made sure I could ping it from the net. Then I reenabled sendmail ..... one problem though the sendmail started but the client failed..... anyways I ran my phpscript and it worked..... thank god. I still needed to make sure the from string portion had a From: in it and all is well. I'm able to click on an client side html button and it fires up a php script on my server which reads a mysql database for a perticular record and emails a response.... life is good !
Much thanks for your input and Andy's for this matter.