Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th June 2005, 03:55 AM
spartan77 Offline

Question Network profiles all Identical

Hello,

I have an awkward problem with using network profiles on FC 4 Test 3, and I was wondering if other users have the same problem. I am using system-config-network to define network profiles, as is explained here
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...-profiles.html).

The problem is that all my network profiles, such as 'common', 'home' and 'work' seem to be identical. I can open a profile, say 'home', and select or deselect a device in it and then save it, and the change that I just made will be saved in all other profiles as well! What's the point of managing profiles if system-config-network keeps them all identical?

I also looked under /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles, and indeed all the directories there seem to have identical content.

I know that I can try to manually edit the files in those directories but I don't want to. I like gui
Besides, I suspect that system-config-network will overwrite my changes the next time that I use it.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if it is something that I am doing wrong. Please help

Thanks,

Jonathan

Tags
identical, network, profiles