Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd June 2005, 03:03 AM
JoHandsum Offline

FC4: Grub splash image not loaded.

Hello,

I just installed FC4 and noticed that the Grub splash image is not displayed when it presents the menu of OSes to launch. The first thing I tried was reinstalled Grub but that didn't fix it. Then I opened up the splash pixmap to make sure it was ok and it was. So then I decided to load it by hand with Grub's command line which is where I found the root of the problem. When I did that Grub said "Error 4: Bad or incompatible header in compress file.". So I un-gzipped it and then gzipped it back up to see if it had been gzipped some weird way. Same error message from Grub. Any ideas or has anyone else noticed this? Thanks!

Sean

Tags
fc4, grub, image, loaded, splash

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken grub splash image Zlobniy Shurik Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) 10 23rd April 2009 07:21 AM
Splash Image during Bootup hiten Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 1 11th September 2007 01:44 PM
Grub Splash Image Help KRAZYBASTID Using Fedora 12 9th December 2006 07:44 PM
how to change grub splash image with a jpg ramaswamyps Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 8 27th October 2005 06:04 AM
GRUB Splash Image Howto gonzalo76 Guides & Solutions (No Questions) 0 8th April 2004 08:13 AM

Current GMT-time: 16:48 (Thursday, 27-11-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members