Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th June 2005, 03:53 PM
JuliaSpadova Offline

New user in FC3 cannot access audio & removable devices

Hello everybody, I'm terribly sorry if this has been answered before, but looked through the forums and faqs and ddin't find a solution anywhere...
After a bit of fiddling I got my Fedora3 to work just perfect, except one detail - i would like to add a new user account for my husband, but the new user has no access to audio, cd recorder, floppy, etc. I tried both Users and Groups in gnome and useradd in console, tried adding various (in fact, all) groups to the new user, nothing helps. My standard user is member of no group except her own and everything works (and so it does for root, of course).
I think this has to do with udev, but I've absolutely no clue as for how to fix it.

Thanks, Julia

Tags
access, audio, devices, fc3, removable, user

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On