Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th June 2005, 03:26 PM
Zigzagcom Offline

Application Launcher not launching...

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this right after boot-up or at other times. (FC4)

When I click on either Applications, Places or Desktop right after boot-up or at other times, the menu fails to open, unless I click on the desktop first, as if gdm needs focus via the desktop.

Seems to happen quite frequently, but is definitely reproducible after boot.
Minor irritant.
Old 30th June 2005, 04:48 PM
BrokenKingpin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzagcom
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this right after boot-up or at other times. (FC4)

When I click on either Applications, Places or Desktop right after boot-up or at other times, the menu fails to open, unless I click on the desktop first, as if gdm needs focus via the desktop.

Seems to happen quite frequently, but is definitely reproducible after boot.
Minor irritant.
yes i have been experiencing this as well. i just installed fc4 and it does that every now and then. at first i thought my system was lagging but that does seem to be the problem. usually on the second click it comes right down. at this time i do not have a solution to the problem...just letting you know you not the only one with the problem. let me know if you find a solution
Registered Linux User: #393158
I AM ADDICTED TO LINUX :D
Old 30th June 2005, 05:09 PM
brahms Offline

Me too - it seems that the menus are being rebuilt after logging in, but the process isn't initiated until required. Hence the delay.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=161535

Last edited by brahms; 30th June 2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 5th July 2005, 06:35 PM
Chen Offline

Hi! I am new to linux and fedora forum. I have this problem and kept on reinstall fc4 not more than 6 times. My case worse, the launcher fail to open even i restart the computer. Today i found something. ie, when i click on yumex on start menu, it didn't open. i went in usr/share/yumex and click yumex icon, it works ! that means the program not corrupt but only the link is broken.Then i found the link to start menu at usr/bin, delete the yumex icon, go back usr/share/yumex and make a link, move the link to usr/bin. Then, the launcher in the start menu works again! that all i found today, dont know it work for other launchers or not. Hope someone give me better solution.

Tags
application, launcher, launching