Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th September 2005, 02:38 AM
friend4u_in Offline

Real Player Problems with Streaming Audio & Video

Hi guys,
I am new guy to Linux. And here is my problems.
1. I Installed real player Gold 10 and when I type in run applications it works fine. But when I go to some web sites to play .ram file it is opening Helix player by default and asking me to install real player. Can you please let me know how can I make real player took over rather Helix player to play those kind of files.
2. Even though I can hear BBC radio through (don't know wheather it is throug helix or real player). I can't able to listen to some streaming audio (try something from raaga.com). Can you please help me in resolving these issues....

Thanks everybody in Advance..
Friend4u.
Old 15th September 2005, 04:30 AM
smfinley Offline
Retired Community Manager

Remove the Helix player. See the RealPlayer section here for instructions.
Old 8th January 2006, 03:35 PM
bassdeal Offline

I tried the above including removing Helix and everything seemed to go OK. When I went to Firefox and clicked on streaming audio it defaulted to something (Tower?) but I changed it to menu selection RealPlayer10Gold.rpm but RealPlayer did not seem to run. It does not seem to work on any audio files. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 26th January 2006, 01:37 PM
bassdeal Offline

Still working on this but I am trying to figure out how to post a new thread on this forum. I am registered since I can reply to post. Looked at FAQ and nothing. Desperate need to post a new thread. Please help.
Old 26th January 2006, 01:59 PM
nlkrio Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdeal
Still working on this but I am trying to figure out how to post a new thread on this forum. I am registered since I can reply to post. Looked at FAQ and nothing. Desperate need to post a new thread. Please help.
There is a button in the left top of every forum NEW TOPIC

Tags
audio, player, problems, real, streaming, video