Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th September 2005, 02:09 PM
rsk Offline

Question unused modules loaded?

My laptop running FC4 is loading unused modules, it doesn't have a parallel port but it still
loads parport_pc & lp. I can't find what's causing these modules to be loaded - they're not listed in modprobe.conf and I can't see them in rc.sysinit.

I stopped the unused floppy module from loading by adding it to the /etc/hotpug/blacklist, and have tried the same for lp & parport_pc but they're still getting loaded.

So does anyone have any ideas what causes them to be loaded and how do I stop it?

Thanks in advance

Richard
Old 20th September 2005, 06:36 AM
steve941

.. i was under the impression that FC4 only loaded modules it needed... There's probably a few things to try:
1. u probably don't want to but you could recompile the kernel and customize it for your computer 2. you may be able to make a custom initrd image without these modules.

Tags
loaded, modules, unused

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search