Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th October 2005, 04:04 AM
nix-nux Offline

screen can't display panel

hi guys,

I just installed FC4 on my laptop. my laptop is ibm thinkpad I series pentium 3 with 128 MB. I don't know the specification of my video card or monitor. Just straight to the point. after installation, i configure my resolution coz the starting screen is only around 20x20 cm. the initial screen is 800x600 and thousand of colors. then i started to change it. after i log out/in the panel doesn't come-up OMG how do i configure anything?? and there is a panel in the middle of my screen as well. arghh I figured that out for 2 days configuring my xconf.org files.

does anyone could help me please?? i want to change my screen to be fully loaded optimized without getting the 20x20 cm again.

thnx
Old 29th October 2005, 07:22 AM
imdeemvp Offline

See if this helps: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52734

Easiest and most friendly desktop ever is PCLinuxOS! Includes all this apps. Just try it.

"The greater the struggle THE greater the achievment."

Do you know HIM?

If you are an idiot click here. NThis will test you linux skills :D
Old 29th October 2005, 02:02 PM
nix-nux Offline

that website doesn't help either. My case is different. my panel doesn't even show up in the bottom part and some shadow panel in the middle of my screen. the only thing visible is the icon on the desktop which ic home, my computer and bin.
Old 29th October 2005, 09:47 PM
imdeemvp Offline

Did you configure your video and monitor settings right before the first login? if you did not that is why you having issues.

Easiest and most friendly desktop ever is PCLinuxOS! Includes all this apps. Just try it.

"The greater the struggle THE greater the achievment."

Do you know HIM?

If you are an idiot click here. NThis will test you linux skills :D

Tags
display, panel, screen