Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th October 2005, 04:04 PM
axelmarq Offline

Wifi card not detected

Greetings,

I am new to Linux, installed FC4 this morning, ran up2date and everything is clean except this :
I can't find my Wifi and thus setup a wifi connection (rj45 works fine). I went in the Hardware browser and only the Ethernet card is listed in network devices.

My PC is a laptop : Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 1630 Gamer 3702 (AMD 64 3700)
The FC installed is the x86_64 bits.
The thing is that given I can't see my Wifi device (internal), I don't have the exact name to find drivers or specific support/info. From memory, under Windoze I believe it said it was a Ralink product. Ralink devices are not listed when I try to add a new Wireless connection and Wireless card in the Internet wizzard.

I've been browsing the docs and forum for some time now and hardware detection seems to be a frequent issue, maybe I missed something but here are some questions I would like to ask :
- How do I find non detected hardware ?
- If I try to install some Ralink drivers will it find it ?
- I am not too familiar with BIOS, but doesn't it allow to list hardware during boot ?
- Or is there something to do during FC boot ?

Many thanks in advance for your help and time,
best regards, Axel.

Last edited by axelmarq; 29th October 2005 at 04:09 PM.

Tags
card, detected, wifi