Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th November 2005, 09:08 PM
dbMe Offline

"An error occured trying to format VolGroup00/LogVol00."

While trying to re-install Fedora Core 4 I ran into the following error:
"An error occured trying to format VolGroup00/LogVol00." This solution also applies to Fedora Core 3.

After a while of searching I found the following solution (from http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...ght=disk+druid), although I nearly missed it. Just thought I'd post it here to make it a little more obvious.

You'll need to select the option to manually partition the drive using Disk Druid during install. For a simple Linux setup create the partitions taylor65 suggested:

"I assigned the ‘/boot’ partition as ext3 100MB, the swap partition as swap of 2x memory, and the ‘/’ partition as ext3 with all the remaining linux space."

That's it. You should now be able to finish the installation without any problems. The final setup will look something like this:

HardDrives
/dev/hda
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 102MB
/dev/hda2 swap 450MB
/dev/hda3 / ext3 31502MB

Hope that helps.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments