Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th January 2006, 01:00 AM
tajidinabd Offline

Post Linux Drivers for Broadcom Wireless Chipset!!

i was looking around and found this great windfall for all of us laptop owners that have a Broadcom Chipset. Just as i finally got my card working with WPA the other day i hope this would be a great thing instead of using the ndiswrapper
Old 1st February 2006, 05:29 AM
MagnumIp Offline

Installation help

I am a Linux newbie. I got the file from the FTP site, but the page you link to is all in Greek to me. Can you or anyone provide step-by-step instructions on loading this driver?
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:40 PM
Linux The Great Offline

So.... is the 43xx the same as the 54g that is in most laptops? (including mine)

Would this give me anymore than what ndiswrapper gives me? (like an accurate signal strength reading)
In the distance there's a Vista to view.
So, use something other.
Don't be a slave to big brother.
Get Linux, and you'll never see blue.
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:05 AM
codergeek42 Offline

It's already available as part of Rawhide's kernel. (This is the testing/development branch of Fedora; and probably should not be used for production systems as it generally is in a continuous "beta" stage and may break at any time. That said, many developers do use it as their primary distribution...)

Congrats and thanks to the bcm43xx team!
~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( My Blog: A day (or more) in the life of a CS & Language student... ) :: ( Supporter of the EFF & FSF ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )