Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th February 2006, 02:59 PM
lockdown571 Offline

Problems dual-booting

Alright, I'm trying to dual boot windows and fedora. Initially, I had windows installed on an SATA drive (WD raptor). I decided to install fedora on an IDE drive. After installation, I rebooted, but the GRUB screen never came up and windows started. So, I went into my BIOS and switched the boot priority so that the IDE drive booted first instead of the SATA drive. This time, GRUB showed up when I rebooted. From that screen, Im able to boot fedora, but if I choose windows, it just hangs up and I get a blinking cursor. So apparently I installed the boot loader to the IDE drive instead of the SATA drive. So I booted the Fedora installer, and went into advance boot options, and changed it so that the boot file installed on the mbr of the SATA drive. But when I finish the updating process, I get the message "no kernel packages were installed on your system. Your boot loader configuration will not be changed." Currently, the IDE drive is the 1st master, the CD drive is the 2nd master, and the SATA drive is the 3rd master. I apologize for that being so long, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 20th February 2006, 03:13 PM
lockdown571 Offline

Btw, when I choose windows from the GRUB screen and it gives me the blinking cursor, it says :

rootnoverify (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

Tags
dualbooting, problems