Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd February 2006, 06:57 AM
Tosak Offline

Dual Monitor Install problem

I am currently running a XP/FC4 box which was stable. I added an old Voodoo3 PCI card to the system and wanted to reinstall FC4. I ran into a problem when anaconda begins, my monitor screen goes black, then comes up as garbage (ie, multicolored horizonal lines which never produce anything but garbage). I am using dell optiplex with an intergrated VGA card in addition to the Voodoo3 PCI card and using two HP monitors, one 15" one 17". I can change the BIOS settings to disable the onboard VGA, but I need it to run XP (As XP must start with the intergrated VGA for whatever reason).

A few things I have noticed.
---------------------------------
During the hardware prob. FC recognizes the Voodoo3, but not the intergrated as my video card....however it recognizes the monitor connected the the intergrated card as the correct monitor.

any help would be great.
Thanks

Tags
dual, install, monitor, problem

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search