Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th February 2006, 06:04 PM
muppet Offline

Screen resolution not saved since update?

Hi All,

Prior to a fairly recent update, I used to have a 'save settings' check-box on the logout confirmation dialogue which, when checked, would save a number of settings including the screen resolution on a per-user basis. In other words, my screen resolution would stay at 1600 x 1200 while that of another user would remain set at 1024 x 768.

Since updating everything with yum (I think it may have been a basic KDE module that's the culprit) I no longer have the check-box on logout confirmation, although the Session Manager is configured to confirm logout and offer shutdown options. And the screen resolution reverts back to 1600 x 1200 (the system's optimum) on every login. Other things are saved, like open applications and so on, but not the screen resolution.

Any clues? Been tearing my hair out over this one, which is most frustrating since it used to work.

Thanks in advance!!

Mup.

Tags
resolution, saved, screen, update

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On