Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th March 2006, 11:43 PM
fedoralover Offline

a humble suggestion for all of u

hi all,
people like me come to this forum for some help but i it takes time n getting the reply.
i wud suggest tht v all shud share our emails so that v can chat and get instant help.
i wud like to b the first drop of rain so my ids are:

reallust01@yahoo.com
winter_heat@hotmail.com

love u all.
Old 5th March 2006, 12:11 AM
LLS

Weekends are very much slower than weekdays for getting answeres on new threads. Just like there are usually no yum updates on weekends either for what ever reason. Weekdays everything comes much faster and in the mean time there may be an answer burried here already once you learn how to do the right kind of search for it. That is what has been the hardest thing for me are the search "phrases".
Old 5th March 2006, 12:40 AM
bytesniper Offline

instant help = google. everyone here answers what they are able to when they are able to so i don't think that sharing everyone emails is going to help much. besides, there is already something like that setup for fedora, its called the fedora mailing list and its run by red hat. check it out, it may be what you are looking for:

http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

joseph
Old 5th March 2006, 12:59 AM
tomcat Offline

And please... next time you post something, don't make it that cryptic. That "hard 2 read stuff u wrote" makes things overcomplicated and reduces the chance that anyone will answer you. You involuntarily make life miserable for those who are not native english speakers.
Old 5th March 2006, 07:52 AM
Jman Offline

There also are options in your profile, in your user control panel, for sharing your IM usernames for truely instant messaging if you want it. In the case of Yahoo and MSN these conveniently are also email addreses. And you can allow people to send you mail from your options.

Moved.
Old 5th March 2006, 08:33 AM
perry753 Offline

A great way to get help is through a chat channel.

Channel #fedora on the FreeNode network is very active and is an excellent way to get help.
Old 5th March 2006, 01:17 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
Please use the Profile option to list your email addresses. There are spam bots all over whose only purpose is to gather email addresses for spam and listing your address openly on the net will certainly increase your junk mail.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 5th March 2006, 04:39 PM
pparks1 Offline

I've found many members on this board to be extremely helpful and posts answering questions are pretty frequentl. I don't post my emails because I don't want to be assaulted with Spam.

In addition, going to a forum like this and publicly posting helps the good of everybody. Somebody else might have the same problem down the line and having a historical record of the question and the answer benefits everybody.
Registered Linux User #375155 For More Info or to register yourself

My Linux box is:
Ubuntu 8.04, Antec Sonata II case with 450-watt PS, AMD 64 X2 4600+ (65 watt), 4GB DDR2 800 RAM, 18X Lite-On DVD burner, Asus M2NPV-VM, Nvidia GeForce 7600GT (256MB), 320GB Western Digital SATA 3.0Gbps, Logitech MX-310, Dell 18" ultrasharp LCD, Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and 2.1 Boston Acoustics sound system..
Old 5th March 2006, 10:19 PM
brunson Offline

While you're waiting for answers to your questions, feel free to use the time to continue researching the problem yourself.
Registered Linux User #4837
411th in line to get sued by Micro$oft
Quote:
Basically, to learn Unix you learn to understand and apply a small set of key ideas and achieve expertise by expanding both the set of ideas and your ability to apply them - Paul Murphy
Old 5th March 2006, 10:29 PM
sgjanssens[old]

This is no helpdesk, although lately it starts to look more and more like that. I suggest to

(*) look and look again before opening a new topic. When I don't know something (which happens all the time) I search for an answer. 9 out of 10 times other people had similar troubles. Put some effort in finding a solution yourself.

(*) use a descriptive name for new threads. I get annoyed when I read something like "Plz I need help.." or similar stuff.

(*) don't beg for reactions when a topic doesn't receive (instant) replies.

This is not intended to bully the starter of THIS thread, nor to patronize anyone else. I just think it can improve this (already very valuable) forum.
Old 5th March 2006, 10:52 PM
Tashiro Offline
Retired Community Manager

Jman's How-To: where to find answers

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...ad.php?t=53362

Tashiro