Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th March 2006, 07:32 PM
jboris Offline

FC4 install hangs at load aic7xxxx driver load

I am trying to upgrade a Fedora 2 install. It is an Athlon 1ghz machine with two Ultra 160 Hard Drives (Quantum Atlas & IBM Ultrastar), SCSI DVD and Sony 5000DAT drive. I also have an IDE DVD -RW. I installed FC2 completely on this system without a hitch. I put the FC4 DVD in the IDE DVD and rebooted. It finds the DVD and boots the install. I hit enter to get to the graphical install and the system continues but hangs at the aic7xxxx driver screen. You can see the SCSI DVD get probed and then you hear the two Hard Drives synch up but the system is hanging. You can hear the one drive do a seek or soemthing about every 5 seconds. I left it sit a halh hour and nothing happens. This entire setup installe FC2 just fine. can anyone offer any suggestions.

Tags
aic7xxxx, driver, fc4, hangs, install, load

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On