Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th March 2006, 11:55 AM

jerky jerky fade to grey??

actualy posting a responce in another thred bought to mind something that has been bothering me for quite some time.

When logging of, which admititaly is frequently as my pc has enough fans to power a small fleet of hovercrafts, which as you can imagine disturbs me somewhat when trying to sleep of course.

So anyway, when logging of fedora of course fades to grey, but does so in a series of jerks and steps, which, well.. just looks sh1t

also, ive noticed when its occuring my mouse moments are slowed down to compiling kernel whilst playing doom 4 whilst burning dvd, whilst downloading 280 torrents of nonesence slowness.

Overall just doesnt leave with an impression of niceness. And is the cause of jokes from all my Win0s camp mates who like nothing more then to remind me that my linux installation cant even turn the contrast up without using 300% of my cpu ..seemingly

Are other installtions like this or it is Just mine??

oh.. im running a historic P3 1.2gig Cellery with 350od megs of super fast ball tearing PC100 SDRAM. and my display driver is a Geforce 4 Mx440 or something. The software is the latest Nvidia drivers within FC4 fully updated