View Single Post
Old 6th August 2012, 04:24 PM
d3spinoz4 Offline

Re: Bootloader Failing to Install

so here is how I got it to generate the grub.cfg file -- on the file located at /usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib on line 26 change grub-probe to grub_probe, then ran grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and it worked.

it did give me a few errors when I run the script but it generated it completely, i saw on a bug report for a mac that said that it was looking for the grub-probe script but because it's for the legacy grub it stops while running the script. I still get the following errors:
[root@hiddencloud grub]# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
Generating grub.cfg ...
/usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: line 282: /usr/sbin/grub2_probe: No such file or directory
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.5.0-2.fc17.x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-3.5.0-2.fc17.x86_64.img
/usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: line 122: /usr/sbin/grub2_probe: No such file or directory
/usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: line 122: /usr/sbin/grub2_probe: No such file or directory
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64.img
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.4.4-5.fc17.x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-3.4.4-5.fc17.x86_64.img
/usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: line 282: /usr/sbin/grub2_probe: No such file or directory
done

is this something I should be concerned about? the system boots fine and it creates the config file with no issues.

thanks