PHP Scripts saying No Write Permissions (Advanced)
I am writing in hopes that I can get this issue resolved quickly. I know my way around a server in means that I can generally run through the installation of httpd,php, and mysql.
Although, now I'm having issues.
1. I know it's not secure to be allowing 'root' to login to ftp, etc but I have quick throwaway server that I'm playing with. So for this reason I have allowed root, so that I may skip creating users, etc.
2. I am using /var/www/html as my directory host my scripts.
3. My file permissions are set to 777 on ALL files. Again, unsecure but for what I'm doing it's not an issue of security at the moment.
4. My file ownerships are all set to being 'owned' by root.
5. When I go to the directory to install a php script. The script tells me /var/www/html/script/cachedirectory needs to be set as writable at 777.
6. I double check the file permissions they are set to 777..
7. I went ahead and chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/script/*
Yet STILL php,apache, or whatever is trying to read the file permissions say they are unreadable.
Please, I am desperate at this point. Can anyone help figure out how to bypass this technical issue.